What is Mouth Cancer Screening?
Studies show that mouth cancer is on the increase and that early detection dramatically improves the chances of recovery.
Late detection of mouth cancers has resulted in a higher proportion of deaths per number of cases than breast cancer, cervical cancer or skin melanoma, with about 2,700 deaths per year in the UK.
Mouth cancer screening is a simple procedure performed at a dental practice that involves the following:
- A detailed analysis of your oral health history to determine any risk factors that you might have.
- A thorough examination of the outside of your mouth, head and neck by observation and touch.
- A thorough internal examination of your mouth, including the inside of your cheeks and under your tongue.
- A handheld scanning device may also be used to examine any lumps or lesions that you might have.
- Any inconclusive findings will be referred to a specialist consultant.
Contact us now
Use your preferred method below to get in touch with us and start benefitting from our expert advice, guidance and help.
Call or email us
020 8590 0575
438 Green Lane, Seven Kings, Ilford, Essex
Use our contact form